My son crawls into my bed adjacent to his and plops onto the pillow. “Mama loves you” I whisper in his ear as he adjusts his position. “Oh Mama, you made me happy!” comes the sleepy reply as he goes back to sleep and starts to snore gently.
How did this little one become the most important person in my life? It didn’t just happen 4 years ago when I first held him, a tiny red wrinkled up creature; it started even before that when I first felt him in my womb.
The first movements were so slight I could easily have been mistaken; they felt like tiny bubbles inside. But they sparked the beginning of a bond that was forged for 9 months and will last a lifetime.
I have watched him grow into the sprightly little boy he is today. He makes me so happy and so proud and I cherish every moment I have with him. I am so helplessly in love with him I could truly do anything for him.
He has grown to have such a unique personality. Today while I was upstairs he sat on the steps calling me. “Mama I love you” he yelled out. When I came down he asked, “Can I have some candy?”
He’s learning phonics these days and so for every word the first letter is emphasized. While eating his food he observed “ke, ke, kebab”. And sometimes just to be naughty he’ll say the wrong thing on purpose; “A for Nadir!” and then see my reaction.
He thinks everything works like a touch screen. He tries to poke the screen of my laptop and the TV thinking something should happen.
He’s very fond of the outdoors and concerned for nature. We were passing through the neighborhood and saw that some branches of the trees had been cut. He immediately spoke out. “Why are you cutting the trees? Where will the birds sit? On the FLOOR?!” Another time he saw the water sprinklers on and he went and turned them off. “If we waste water, the planet will become sad”.
I love the fact that I am also the most important person for him. At least for now. Till he finds a girl for himself and then I may not be the most important person for him but I like to think he will always have a special place in his heart for me.
- Daily Prompt: My Number One | Under the Monkey Tree
- On the Topic of Hope: Sunday, December 22, 2013 | LisaRosier.com
- If their being in your life makes your life better, they are very much VIP. | thoughtsofrkh
- That special person | Kate Murray
- One and only? No many! | Sue’s Trifles
- My Number One – the birth of my daughter | Geek Ergo Sum
- cherished treasure | peacefulblessedstar
- Pittsburgh Lesbian Correspondents
- Daily Prompt: Cherish | VNA Images
- Show Me Redundancy | The Jittery Goat
- S. Thomas Summers | Meeting the Outlaw Jesse James
- Daily Prompt: My Number One | Melissa Holden
- Christ: My All in All | meanderedwanderings
- Lazy humans, mutters the dog | We Live In A Flat
- Who is the most important person in my life!? | The Silver Leaf Journal
- The Lurker’s List | My Precious and My Number One
- A Wahine’s Love Letter | Wahine Wednesdays
- My number one. | Hope* the happy hugger
- daily prompt: my number one | aimans…..
- Daily Prompt: My Number One | Icesabel
- Daily Prompt: My Number One | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Before There Was You – A Mommy’s Poem | The Pinterested Parent
- My Father: The Provider | K beezy is viral
- Daily Prompt: Number One | One Starving Activist
- She’s my baby | Journey to Wholeness
- Tis You & Only You Girl | The Temenos Journal
- Daily Prompt: My Number One « Mama Bear Musings
- Bestie. | classically dysfunctional
- Cherish | Destino
- A Tribute To Mike McMichaels Michaelson | Eyes Through The Glass – A Blog About Asperger’s
- Daily Prompt: My Number One « cognitive reflection
- Daily Prompt: My Number One | Wordz on a Page
- My Family – Smart Stunning Searching
- frank | charlottesville winter
- DAILY PROMPT: MY NUMBER ONE – IN PICTURES | SERENDIPITY
- My Precious Ones | Flowers and Breezes
- Cherish | Active Army Wife
- My Number One | Nothing Worth Having Ever Comes Easy
- My Family Makes me #1 | Dreams to Reality !
- An Open Letter To ‘Him’ | Shadows Of The Divine
- My Number One | The Nameless One
- The man I love | wuthering bites
- 5-Star Book: CHEF TELL The Biography of America’s Pioneer TV Showman Chef | INTERNATIONAL AUTHOR
- Most Important Person in My Life? | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Today’s Daily Prompt: Who Ranks Number One? | Not The Sword But The Pen
- Home is Where the Heart Is | Wiley’s Wisdom
- My Number One | Just for Fun Drawings