A few days ago I was nominated for my first award, the Liebster Award by Ruminations from an Introvert. Thank you so much and do check out her wonderful blog!
Basically, the Liebster Award is a “favorite blog award”, as Liebster is the German word for favorite, beloved, or dearest. It is meant for smaller blogs with less than two hundred followers to help expose them to the world and help them discover other new and upcoming bloggers.
In order to formally accept this award, the nominee must do several things
- Link back and recognize the blogger who nominated me.
- Answer ten questions given to me by the blogger who nominated me.
- Nominate ten other bloggers for the award.
- Create ten questions for my nominees to answer.
- Notify my nominees.
Here are my ten questions to answer:
1. What made you decide to start a blog?
My publisher suggested I start a blog to promote the children’s books I have written. That’s how it started. But through it I have discovered a love for writing and am really enjoying the experience.
2. What is your guilty pleasure?
I love sweets of all kinds especially from my part of the world; gulab jamun, barfi, kheer… yummy!!
3. If you were an ice cream flavor which would you be?
Vanilla. Goes well with all flavors.
4. You’ve just won a contest and can live anywhere in the world for 1 year. Where do you go?
I’d live in Switzerland. It’s a beautiful place and I’d get a chance to travel all over Europe.
5. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I loved math and wanted to do a PhD in Math!
6. You’re stuck on a deserted island with one other person. Who is it?
I don’t care who as long as he/she can figure out how to get off that island.
7. What one thing do you wish you did more or had more time to do?
Spend some time with sick children in hospitals reading to them.
8. What is your favorite memory?
The birth of my son.
9. If you could witness any moment in history what would it be?
I would witness the fall of Mecca by the Muslims at the time of the Prophet Mohammad (Peace be upon him)
10. What is your favorite holiday and why?
My holiday to Istanbul with my husband before my son was born. We had the most wonderful time. A holiday cannot be as relaxing when you have kids.
And now for the nominations:
- Lemon Lime Follies
- say anything
- gorgeous little thieves
- Things I have learnt today
- Mixed spice
- Reinvention of mama
- For the love of ovaries
- An Author’s Adventure
- True stories
- The river mom
And here are the 10 questions for the nominees to answer:
- What is your blog about?
- Describe yourself in one word.
- Who is the most important person in your life?
- How much time do you spend on writing every day?
- Do you have any other hobbies besides writing?
- What is your favorite food?
- If you found a pot of gold what would you do?
- If you could be a famous personality who would you be?
- What is your favorite invention?
- What is your favorite feature on WordPress?