1. I’m going to turn 43 in July and I feel I no longer have the energy to spend sleepless nights all over again. I’m not saying I’m not fit and healthy, it’s just that staying up at night, nursing and putting a wide awake baby to sleep just requires a whole different energy source.
2. Toilet training. It’s enough that I went through this nightmare with my first child and am going through it with my second child now. I just don’t want to do it a third time. I’d rather take a space journey to Mars. At least I’d know what the heck I was doing.
3. I feel that my family is complete. It’s not that I have both a son and a daughter, I mean how many toddler tantrums and tween tantrums can one family take? Why is it that both of them discover some earth shattering issue at the same time that requires my immediate attention? Imagine if there was a third?
4. I want to travel. It’s not easy travelling with small kids despite all the tips and advice you will get. I want my kids to be grown up enough for us to enjoy the plane ride, exploring a new country or a new attraction. If I’m going to be spending a fortune on travel I dont want it ruined because someone fell asleep and missed the entire event or someone bawled throughout the plane ride.
5. I want to preserve my sanity. Parenting is hard work. There’s no handbook which comes with it and even though there will be plenty of people to give you advice, each child is different and each situation is different. I’m not saying it’s not rewarding, I love my two brats to bits, but it takes a lot out of you every time.
And so, I can safely say, that I’m perfectly fine with the two I have and there’s no chance I will be adding to the brood.