Tell us about a time when you were left on your own, to fend for yourself in an overwhelming situation. What was the outcome?
Everyone goes through testing times in life, but I have always been blessed and even in difficult times there has been light at the end of the tunnel.
One such time was when my husband was posted in the Frontier Province and I was living in Islamabad around 2 hours away by car. I was pregnant with my first child after 6 years of marriage and 2 miscarriages. I was on tenterhooks the whole time because I was afraid something might happen. On top of it my husband was not there to comfort me.
Not only was I worried for myself and my unborn child, but for my husband as well. He was in an area where kidnapping for ransom was becoming a common thing and already one of his colleagues had been kidnapped. Whenever he would travel back to his compound after the weekend I would be a bunch of nerves until he would message me that he had safely arrived.
I was also working full time at that time and although my boss was very accommodating, I still had to go through the usual stresses of work.
I used to go for my check ups and ultrasounds on my own as the doctor was close to my office and I would go from there. In the beginning of my pregnancy I got a severe UTI (infection) and had to have antibiotics IV. Thankfully I survived that although having a canula was extremely uncomfortable.
Following this hiccup, my pregnancy progressed well and even though my blood sugar levels were a bit high, I managed to maintain them by controlling my diet.
In my 8th month there was an attempted burglary in my house and I was the one to discover it. Somehow the burglar ran away after breaking open the main door and no harm was done. But it did give me a big scare.
Towards the end of my pregnancy, my doctor was worried that I was not gaining enough weight and she gave me a medical certificate to take leave from work. My husband took a month off from work and my mother also came to stay with me so I was not alone any more.
When I delivered a healthy beautiful baby boy, there was as much relief as there was joy. But going through this time I discovered that I was never really alone. God was always there.
- Russian Accordionist | Photos to inspire you
- Perseverance | The Magic Black Book
- Sink or Swim | Geek Ergo Sum
- Persist | thinkerscap
- Sink, Swim or Fly | The Ambitious Drifter
- Endure | Momma Said There’d Be Days Like This
- Alone Again Naturally | Finale to an Entrance
- DEPRESSED OPTIMIST + PAINTS + BRUSHES | Standing Ovation, Seated
- The deep end of the pool | RPMAS
- PROMPT: Sink or Swim | AvaLlea’s Blog
- Silent Agony… | paperdollsletter
- Doing The Right Thing Can Leave You Lonely | The Jittery Goat
- I said loudly, in my best English tourist voice, “Does this go to…” | thoughtsofrkh
- True beauty | Veni, vici, vidi
- The Tow Truck Driver Drove a Chariot
- Daily Prompt: Sink or Swim | Awl and Scribe
- Sinking not an option for cowards | crookedeyebrows
- Women in East : One Perspective ! | Dreams to Reality !
- Winter Water | The Ring Lady
- Daily Prompt: Sink or Swim – A migrant’s story | littlegirlstory
- Daily Prompt: Sink or Swim | Finding Life
- Whatever It Takes | Lori’s Life and Other Stuff
- Sink or swim? | Motherhood and Beyond
- Daily Prompt: Sink or Swim – My Car Buying Experience | The Story of a Guy
- When life steals your lemons… | Words
- Perseverance in Harness | Kansa Muse
- Daily Prompt: Sink or Swim | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Sink or Swim? So limiting… | It’s my blog, innit…
- Even a Fool Can See | Not a Punk Rocker
- Learning Patience… | Haiku By Ku
- Daily Prompt: Sink or Swim | Basically Beyond Basic
- Daily Prompt: Dive! Dive! Dive! | One Starving Activist
- The debate | Life is great
- “By Myself” | Active Army Wife
- DP Challenge: Sink or Swim « Morning Pages
- Tree Trials | It’s a wonderful F’N life
- Sink or Swim? | mineisdee
- Daily Prompt: Sink or Swim/ Out on my Own | The Smallest of Stars
- Sing or Swim – Compass & Quill
- Sink or Swim | Bright Tuesday
- Drown or paddle | LauGraEva
- ALONE WITH SHAME | Emotional Fitness
- Daily Prompt: Scar | Morrighan’s Muse
- At The End Of My Last Dime! | *Recovery Ramblins Blog Of ~ Author Catherine Lyon*
- Blue Loft
- The Glowing Tree | Broken Light: A Photography Collective
- Glub, glub, glub … (sink or swim) | I Didn’t Just Wake Up This Morning with a Craving
- Extreme business as usual | Le Drake Noir
- Treading Water | A Good One
- Daily Post:Sink or Swim #poetry #photography #dpchallenge | Moondustwriter’s Blog
- Old Glory | Real Life Co.
- Constant | Words on a Page
- Leap of Faith | A Room of One’s Own
- Loneliness sucks! | The Flavored Word
- On My Own | Flowers and Breezes
- Stranger | Radioactive Bubblegum
- Out of My Comfort Zone | The Mockingbird in Me
- Daily Prompt: Sink or Swim | Winging it
- Daily Prompt/Critical Care | The Between
- Hanging chickens, washing machines and a screaming pink smell | Many musings blog’s Blog
- Sink or Swim – Part 1 | A Story About A Girl
- Daily Prompt: Sink or Swim | MKG- Memories-Keepsakes-Gifts
- A Hundred and Four Questions with No Answers | Virginia Views
- Daily Prompt: Sink or Swim…Hit or Miss, What will you Pick? | Isabel MissV
- Sinking While Swimming | Mountains or Molehills
- Sink or Swim | The Pigeon Blog
- Sink or Swim | I Write Therefore I Am
- Sink or Swim! ACK!!!!! The stress!!! *grumble* | Kawanee’s Korner
- Sink or Swim | draccoonian
- Daily Prompt: Sink or Swim | Pampered Pussy
- Day and Night | Retrofocus
- Daily Prompt: Sink or Swim. | eBook Sharing
- Sink or Swim: Perseverance | My Conscious Self
- Perseverance… The Word for the Day (Hebrews 12:1) | The Abuse Expose’ with Secret Angel
- I found blood and I saw stars | Peace, Puppies, and Mimoसे (Formerly The Lesser Canine)
- Perseverance | 18 million pixels
- Seeing Through the Fog | Wiley’s Wisdom
- Daily Prompt: Sink or Swim (Joint Post) | A Midnight Blog
- Daily Prompt: Sink or Swim | adorablyobnoxious
- Daily Prompt: Sink or Swim | Nola Roots, Texas Heart
- Swink or Sim | Aurora Morealist
- Aurora Morealist
- Sink or Swim that is the lessons of life | Shetall says
- The Nursery Room | Abby vs. The World
- vic briggs
- Response to Daily Post’s Daily Prompt | The life of one woman…
- Sink or swim…. | Life as a country bumpkin…not a city girl
- Rob’s Surf Report