Describe the last time you were surprised by the intensity of a feeling you had about something.
My son and I had been invited to a birthday party. There were a few games inside the hall and then the children could go out in the grounds to play. The older children started playing cricket and my son headed for the playground.
He had spotted a “spout” as he called it from the “Incy Wincy Spider” nursery rhyme, one of those tube slides that you find in a lot of playgrounds. He happily went towards it. There was a cute little girl my son’s age playing nearby while her nanny watched her.
“Hello!” said my son to the little girl smiling sweetly.
“Oh, you’re just a baby!” replied the girl losing all her cuteness.
“I’m not a baby!” said my son and started crying.
Then it was that moment when in cartoons one of the characters turns into a lion snarling at the inhumane human while protecting the little cub. I was that lion and I just wanted to smack that girl for making my little darling cry. It really hurt to see those big tears rolling down his cheeks. Somehow I felt even worse than when he falls down and hurts himself. This was different. Another child had hurt his feelings deliberately and without any reason.
“He’s not a baby!” I said glaring at the girl and her nanny who was least interested in the conversation.
I tried to console my son but he was inconsolable. He tells me several times in the day that he’s my cutest baby in the world but when the little girl called him a baby it was the biggest insult for him. I diverted his attention to the slide and after five long minutes he stopped crying. He didn’t attempt to talk to the girl again.
To this day when we go that playground I’m reminded of this incident and am apprehensive about my son playing there but apparently he has forgotten and doesn’t mind playing there.
- Why does my dog hump other people/dogs? | We Live In A Flat
- False Labour Pains
- Autumn colours (Intense) | photo potpourri
- Rural Tourism in Russia. Accordion player | Rural Tourism in Russia
- Cat in the window | Bright Moments Catcher
- A year of writing and a birthday | Now Have At It!
- Cooking fish | Bright Moments Catcher
- That’s a Hard Limit | submissivelysecret
- Balalaika | Nature Activities
- Intense, like no other | Never Stationary
- Daily Prompt: Intense! | Under the Monkey Tree
- Daily Prompt: Intense! | Awl and Scribe
- intensity huh? | wannabepoet
- The Real Me | Life Confusions
- Intense | The Magic Black Book
- Horse Hill | It’s a wonderful F’N life
- Stolen bests | shame
- Daily Prompt: Intense! | My Atheist Blog
- Intense care : Need of the hour | Processing the life
- intense | yi-ching lin photography
- Intensity – A very short post | Neva Samaki
- My Shampoo Tried to Kill Me | Get Write Down To It
- Transformation | crookedeyebrows
- The First Experience of an American in a Russian Banya | Rural Tourism in Russia
- Escalator Etiquette | The verbal hedge
- Separation Anxiety | Tales of a slightly stressed Mother!
- Daily Prompt Intense: http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2013/11/05/daily-prompt-intense/ | Kawanee’s Korner
- Intensity of feeling? The end of WordPress.com | RPMAS
- Intense Sunset | Misifusa’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Intense! | Basically Beyond Basic
- Daily Prompt: Intense | The Temenos Journal
- Daily Prompt: Intense | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- intense | sarahscapes
- 211. Intensity Over Abortion | Barely Right of Center
- No rest 4 the weary | not4faintheartsblog
- Daily Prompt: Intense November 2013 ~ NaBloPoMo ~ #4 « Mama Bear Musings
- Daily Prompt: Grawr! | One Starving Activist
- NO!vember | I Hope You’re Taking Notes
- DP Challenge: One Intense Pit Bull « Morning Pages
- André from Holland | Deadline – An intense experience
- Intense | Lunatic Writing
- I Didn’t Use To Be A Sobber | Momma Roars
- Too Intense: I Think Not! | Dear Yolandi
- BLACK | JC Bride ~
- Intensity? | Fruit Salad
- Why so intense, Surfer Rob? | Rob’s Surf Report
- INTENSE! | thoughts and entanglements
- Intensity at its acme? | Eye of Lynx
- Those intervals between days | tjbarkerseattle
- Jupiter Rising | Just Visiting This Planet
- Intensity… | Haiku By Ku
- Batman should not be the only one fighting crime | MC’s Whispers
- I’m in tears | Life is great
- Daily Prompt: Life Is Intense | My Daily Prompt Blog
- The Stare Down……. | The Land Slide Photography
- The Intense Joy | Flowers and Breezes
- Unavailable | Kansa Muse
- Beans on toast and a woolly jumper… | On My Front Porch
- Fulfilling Promises to a Ghost | Cheri Speak