Your personal sculptor is carving a person, thing, or event from the last month of your life into the glistening marble of immortality. What’s the statue and what makes it so significant?
Personal sculptor? My, how vain we are!
As we approach Eid-ul-Adha we are reminded of the willingness of the Prophet Abraham to sacrifice his son Ishmael as a demonstration of his obedience to and his complete submission to God until God intervened and allowed him to sacrifice a lamb instead.
Muslims have been commanded to emulate this sacrifice of an animal (lamb, goat, cow or even camel) every year on Eid-ul-Adha. When they make this sacrifice and see how these animals are at the mercy of us humans we are reminded how we are at the mercy of God.
So when a month passes by with good health for my family and me and without any misfortune I would rather say thanks to the Almighty than have statues made!
It is the good works that you do that makes you immortal and even though I did not do anything big like saving a life, I do feel I did all my duties as a mother, wife, daughter, sister and aunt. I gave away my usual donations to charity and did not (I hope) indulge in any sins. (Although I may have transgressed and done some backbiting, but some people really deserve it don’t they? OK maybe not)
Marble is just a rock and it feels cold. My good works would be in the form of a smile on someone’s face or warmth in their hearts and their willingness to pay forward that good.
- What’s going on? | Inside my glitching mind
- Desire to live | Inside my glitching mind
- My Statue | Godrick Gnomish
- Daily Prompt: Significant | Charles Ray’s Ramblings
- significant | hitting a brick wall
- Daily Prompt: Significant « Vicariously Poetic
- Daily Prompt: Significant | VNA Images
- Daily Prompt: Michelangelo’s YOU | Awl and Scribe
- One lousy month | RPMAS
- Statue | Lost in Adeline’s
- The Thinker & Me | Daily Prompt: Michelangelo’s YOU | Ireland, Multiple Sclerosis and Me
- Duncan the Sushi Roll #18 | Neva Samaki
- Daily Prompt: Michelangelo’s YOU « Mama Bear Musings
- Michelangelo Happens To Be A Close Friend | The Jittery Goat
- The Witch Finder General and the Badger Cull | alienorajt
- Significant | The Rider
- Cut Part III | The Magic Black Book
- Sculpt me. | Crossroads
- S. Thomas Summers | Significance: Pumpkin Picking
- A statue in a strange land | Sue’s Trifles
- Statue of Immortality and Life | Angela McCauley
- Daily prompt: Significant | Chronicles of a Public Transit User
- Immortalize my small action | crookedeyebrows
- Significant- A Point of History From the U.S. Past. | Kansa Muse on Micro Farming and More
- To Sculpt Me | Kate Murray
- Daily Prompt: Michelangelo’s YOU | lifebeinggirly
- Daily Prompt: Michelangelo’s You | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Prompt: Michelangelo’s YOU | The Daily Post « Flynn’s Pause
- Daily Prompt: Significant | Rebecca’s Random Reflections
- Wish Of My Heart | Flowers and Breezes
- Michelangelo…yeah no thanks! | Life as a country bumpkin…not a city girl