We’re in a restaurant in the middle of lunch when my son turns to me and says “Mama I want a fairy godmother and a stepmother!”
We all have a good laugh and I tell him that I’ll look into it. I know he’s been reading too many fairy tales. They always have either a stepmother or a fairy godmother.
I then note this down on my phone. I don’t want to forget what he said and I can write about it later in one of my posts. I don’t have my laptop with me so I obviously can’t update my blog. It can probably be done on the phone but I don’t think my phone will support it. Besides I like typing on my laptop sitting in my study.
In the two and a half months I have been blogging, the only time I have posted away from home was from Oman.
We were spending our Eid holiday in Salalah, Oman, a very nice place with beautiful weather. This was very unusual but very welcome as we were in the middle of the hot unbearable summer of the UAE.
My husband had taken his laptop with him so he could play his weird strategy games. Little did he know that I would be stealing his laptop at every given opportunity. We had free internet in the room thanks to my husband’s Hilton loyalty card so it was a real dream.
I had recently discovered the Daily Post’s Photo Challenges and when Friday came I had taken some shots of my son on the beach which aptly fit the topic and I just had to post them. At this time though I had not been introduced to the wonderful world of pingbacks and I was hardly getting any traffic on my site. Plus I only had one follower (yes really!) so I didn’t have much of an audience. But I was just happy to be participating in the Challenges.
My husband kept asking me if I was going to win something by participating. He’s not a blogger and he can’t understand the joy of someone appreciating your posts. Besides he just wanted to get his laptop back from me. This is also probably where he discovered that once I had started blogging he could no longer share the computer with me. I needed my own.
Sometime later the laptop crashed and had to be reformatted. My husband bought himself his own laptop and gave his old bruised laptop to me. Happy times for me!
- Syphoned | The Magic Black Book
- Armenoi, in Crete! | alienorajt
- strangest place. | hitting a brick wall
- My Happy Place | Strange to Others | sylphontheloose
- Travelling In Hell | Life Confusions
- Stranger in a Strange Land? No. | RPMAS
- An Odd Space | Godrick Gnomish
- The Jittery Goat Travel Log – Places I’ve Been; Zone, Ohio 9/25/13 | The Jittery Goat
- Sat in the corner on the floor by the window of the terminal. | thoughtsofrkh
- Trees Dancing for you – “बडा दशैंको शुभकामना !” | rfljenksy – Practicing Simplicity
- Daily Prompt: Blogger in a Strange Land
- There’s no place stranger than home. | The Ambitious Drifter
- A writer without a pen | Phelio a Random Post a Day
- Time to write | Short Stories & Poems
- Blogger in a Strange Land: The Elemental Tourist – Air | Khana’s Web
- Unfamiliar Beauty of the Fire | mët•aRVhëë•n✪ia
- S. Thomas Summers | Daily Prompt: Blogger in a Strange Land
- Daily Prompt: Blogger in a Strange Land | Awl and Scribe
- Blogger in a Strange Land – MORNING UPDATE: HOTEL HELL | SERENDIPITY
- Daily Prompt: Blogger in a Strange Land | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Of Recluses and Writing | tuckedintoacorner
- In a Strange Land | Burgess Taylor
- Daily Prompt: Blogger in a Strange Land « Mama Bear Musings
- I feel weird | Lost in Adeline’s
- Post-a-potty. | Crossroads
- A hospital | Life is great
- Duncan the Sushi Roll #17 | Neva Samaki
- Blogger in Country Town | Life as a country bumpkin…not a city girl
- Daily Prompt: Blogger in a Strange Land | ayimas
- Daily Prompt: Blogger in a Strange Land #photography | ThisCornerOfTheWoods
- A Strange Dream | Flowers and Breezes
- On the Floor… | Haiku By Ku
- Strange | Motherhood and Beyond
- Oh, the Places You’ll Blog In! | Rob’s Surf Report
- The Strangest Place for Inspiration | The River Mom
- Rustic Neon Palm Trees…(wp daily prompt…Strange) | Daily Observations
- The Magical Street | Barefoot on Rainy Days
- Another Strange Find | Kansa Muse on Micro Farming and More