I’m at the mall and while I’m desperately holding on to my son’s hand who is trying his best to run off, another mother passes me by, walking ahead, while her little boy follows her closely behind.
I’m at a ladies’ get together having left my son at home with his nanny. One of the ladies has brought her son with her. He is sitting on the carpet and playing with his toys. Occasionally he looks up to smile at his mother.
I’m at my son’s nursery and while I’ve deposited him screaming and crying into the assistant’s arms, another little girl walks up to the assistant waiting to take her to class, she turns around to smile and wave goodbye to her daddy.
Sometimes I get envious of other parents who seem to be having such an easy time while I’m struggling with mine. He is sometimes just too clever for his own good and just wants to be independent all the time and not listen to me. His teacher thinks he is really advanced for his age and I tend to agree with her.
At night after creating havoc all day, he comes to me to apologize and tell me that he loves me. He then snuggles with me and falls asleep. That’s when I realize I may well be the luckiest mom around.
- The Match (Part 4) Rusty’s Destination | The Jittery Goat
- Self-Defeating Beliefs
- Daily Prompt: Green-Eyed Lady | The WordPress C(h)ronicle
- Daily Prompt: Green-Eyed Lady | Bob’s Blog-O-Rama
- Daily Prompt: Green-Eyed Lady | MedinaQue
- DP Daily Prompt: Green-Eyed Lady | Sabethville
- Daily Prompt: Green Eyed Lady | Purplesus’ Blog
- Dirty Envy | In the Present
- Daily Prompt: Green-Eyed Lady « cognitive reflection
- Daily Prompt: Green-Eyed Lady | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- Green-Eyed Lady | The Nameless One
- Daily Prompt: Green-eyed Lady | imagination
- Green-Eyed Lady | God Through My Eyes
- Evil Queens & coffee beans
- Daily Prompt: Jealousy | A Day In The Life
- Reciprocal | The River Mom
- of wickedness | Anawnimiss
- Wake Up O’ Sleeping Stone | The Write Web
- Daily prompt: Green-eyed monster | Go, See, Live
- I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Aces « Averil Dean
- NaPoWriMo Day 4: “Smitten” | arakawa fiction
- Bass Speaker | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Daily Prompt: Green-Eyed Lady | A Note From Jenn
- Jealousy: Daily Prompt | ALIEN AURA’S BLOG: IT’LL BLOW YOUR MIND!
- Leave Me Free | Flowers and Breezes
- From Time To Time | Lisa’s Kansa Muse