Saira had twin boys. Well they were not exactly twins but there were just 11months between them and for all practicalities they were like twins. As you can imagine, her house was always filled with excited voices, magnified screams, simultaneous laughter and heartbreaking crying.
One day as Saira went about her household chores leaving the two boys playing in the lounge she heard something unusual.
On further investigation she discovered them in the bathroom with her younger son standing in a bucket of water with his clothes on and her older son pouring water on his head with a mug. Apparently they felt the heat of the summer and decided to have a bath with the younger one going first.
For a mother, silence sets off alarm bells. If there is silence and my 4 year old is not asleep then he is definitely up to no good. And if when I approach him he tells me that he is not doing anything I can be sure that he has already done it.
My son is extremely talkative and he is talking non-stop until he falls asleep. Literally. He talks while watching TV since there are a lot of questions to be asked, he talks while he’s having a bath and of course his stories are endless while he’s playing.
When I was pregnant with him he heard a lot of silence. I used to go to work where I would sit alone in my own office, come home and read a bit, not watch any TV and fall asleep. My husband was working in another city so there was nobody to talk to either. After all that silence, I think my son is making up for it.
But now I am so used to the house echoing my son’s personality, that when he is not around the silence can be deafening.
Chitter chatter, chatter chatter
Through the whole day,
It’s really so much better,
To hear my son play.
Tick tock, tick tock,
Go the clocks in my home
No sounds of sweet talk
When my son’s out to roam.
- The Sound of Silence | Through the Peacock’s Eyes
- Listen to the silence | Master Of Disaster
- Weekly Writing Challenge: The Sound of Silence | JGTravels
- Eight Things I Wish I Knew Before I Taught at a Boarding School | Kosher Adobo
- The Sounds of Silence* | Icescreammama
- underwood | yi-ching lin photography
- Weekly Writing Challenge: The Sound of Silence | Under the Monkey Tree
- Moments | anonim0us
- Moments | anonim0us
- Silent Agony | Broken Light: A Photography Collective
- Silent crimes | Speaking Voiceless
- The Sound of Silence is a beautiful thing | Amanda Montomery
- Hug Her Back | Fish Of Gold
- Media Blackouts Insult My Intelligence | Bumblepuppies
- As Loud as Silence | Chimerical Chicanery
- Unspeakable | Musings of a Soul Eclectic
- Aborted Words | The Backwords
- Weekly Writing Challenge: The Sound of Silence | carojesu
- yesterday’s snow lets | y
- A SILENT SONG | Diary of a mind
- A Common Baby Myth: Babies Should Sleep in Silence.. Ssshhh! | Peek-a-boo: Baby and You!
- Silence « mediumblackdog
- Never Give Up, Never Give In: My Epiphany! | Hope and Faith
- Brady’s Silence (explicit) | Stories From My Mind
- Coyote Hill | The Seminary of Praying Mantis
- A Silence Louder Than Words | snapshotsofawanderingheart
- Weekly Writing Challenge: The Sound of Silence | Tales from the Motherland
- When The Silence Almost Deafens You | Unload and Unwind
- Classy Broad
- The Day I Found My Voice | A Path of Living Stones
- When you said “Nobody loves you” | So Not Simple
- Finding what you didn’t know you were looking for… | Crap I Blog About
- WWC: The Sound of Silence | Learning the Anishinaabe Way
- Who Said So? | Buzzy Beez
- Silence challenge | knovak616
- The Silence Welcomes Me | StormieSteele
- Weekly Writing Challenge: Have you seen me? | Life of A Fallen Angel
- Silence | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- The Things We Don’t Say | A Sign Of Life
- Breaking The Sound Of Silence | At least we made it this far…
- In the silence of a word | MC’s Whispers
- From Silence Came Wisdom | Lifeinpawprints’s Weblog
- Blog challenge – The sound of silence « Defy The Narrative
- Could the end of ‘that time of the month’ be related to that time of the year? | Minnesota Transplant
- Weekly Writing Challenge: The Sound of Silence | Echoes of My Past
- Good Grief | Wittyburg.com
- silence and snow | from dreams to plans
- Weekly Writing Challenge: Sounds of Silence | Reflections and Nightmares- Irene A Waters (writer and memoirist)
- Jumpers for goalposts… | Dreaminspice
- Weekly Writing Challenge: The Sound of Silence | Pop-Culture-Referenced
- The Silent Sisters | 22 going on 33
- Weekly Writing Challenge: The Sound of Silence | Bringing Out the God-Colors in the World
- Suicide no. 27: Vow of Silence | derekalanwilkinson
- Silent White | Mary J Melange
- Weekly Writing Challenge: The Sound of Silence | Your Original LUPUSDIVA….
- Weekly Writing Challenge: The Sound of Silence | No Apologies
- Cable Cut-off | The Zombies Ate My Brains
- Silence so Loud | My Weigh To Lose
- Silencing the Critics’ Chorus | V Learns Something New
- Silence of the Blog « ph.d. in creative writing
- Life: The Search For Someone Who Understands You | Paint Before Death
- Silence | Dandilyonz-4-U
- Remaining Silent | Bits of Life
- Inexhaustible Treasure | Love in the Spaces
- HOW DOES SILENCE SOUND? | SERENDIPITY
- A moment in Paris | The Bohemian Rock Star’s “Untitled Project”