Out of the ten years I’ve been married I’ve spent 3 ½ years with my husband commuting on weekends from another city or as in now from another country for work. We decided to have this situation because we didn’t want to sacrifice our lifestyle nor the opportunity that presented itself in my husband’s career.
However there comes a time when enough is enough. I no longer want to be on my own. I need my husband’s company and my son needs his father.
I have given my husband an ultimatum that his next posting which is due soon should be in a reasonable place where we can all live together.
During the week after my son goes to sleep at 8 o’clock I have nobody to talk to and it can get quite lonely. Then I have to handle everything on my own during the week. It’s not difficult physically but it is tough emotionally.
My son has got used to not having his dad around most of the time which is not a good thing. Sometimes it is so tough to deal with him on my own because if he’s not listening to me, his dad is not there either to take the matter in his hands. Most of the time because mothers show so much affection for their child that they are taken for granted and it is the father who does the disciplining. In my case I have to attempt to do both which often doesn’t work. And then of course he’s missing out on the father-son bonding.
I am happy to report that my husband has accepted my ultimatum and is working hard to rectify the situation. Let’s hope we are one normal family soon.
- Daily Prompt: With or Without You-Solving Conflict | Journeyman
- Daily Prompt: Complex « Vicariously Poetic
- Daily Prompt: With or Without You | Under the Monkey Tree
- Feuding Neighbors Create “Sno-Man’s” Land | DCMontreal: Blowing the Whistle on Society
- A Very Big Mistake | Knowledge Addiction
- Daily Prompt: With or Without You | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- Brandon’s Mentor And The Daily Prmpt | The Jittery Goat
- When People Have More Faith in You than Yourself | Rima Hassan
- Drawing a line in the sand: Daily Prompt | alienorajt
- Streetlight | 365 days of defiance
- Daily Prompt: Till Death do us Part? | Anniemation Floe
- A Game of Picnic | My Play Nook
- Stop Telling Lies Or Else! – Writing | wangsgard.com
- Torture of Four Years | Daily Prompt: With or Without You | likereadingontrains
- Daily Prompt: With or Without You | Sabethville
- Get It In Gear | The Shotgun Girls
- Where are your gods now (a tale) | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- On the hook | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Putting it All on the Line Prayers and Promises
- 268. Ultimatum | Barely Right of Center
- A Day Different | Random Blotches
- The 19th of June 1982 – Hometown, Pennsylvania | Forgotten Correspondance
- Daily Prompt: With or Without You | theshamelesswanderer
- Daily Prompt : With or Without You | Valley Girl Gone Country
- Life Is Complex | Lisa’s Kansa Muse
- Me or him- it’s your choice | Animal Love
- Me or him- it’s your choice | A picture is worth 1000 words
- DP: Us or Them | Scorched Ice
- A picture is worth 1000 words
- WITH OR WITHOUT YOU: IT DOESN’T ALWAYS WORK OUT THE WAY YOU EXPECT | SERENDIPITY
- simple (senryu in three parts) | peacefulblessedstar
- Job or It’s The End Of You and Me! | Views Splash!
- Ultimatums and Death | the TEMENOS JOURNAL
- Ultimatums and Triple Dog Dares! | meanderedwanderings
- Too late | Life is great
- Daily Prompt: With or Without You | Nola Roots, Texas Heart
- Daily Prompt: With or Without You « Mama Bear Musings
- The Forever Choice | snapshotsofawanderingheart
- i would repeat you | y
- My Brother, the Incorrigible Drunk | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- In Line Of Fire | Flowers and Breezes
- Daily Prompt: With or Without You | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Fighting Ultimatums | Ana Linden
- No More Contacts Please ! | My Life and My Career
- Nicki Minaj and A Free Fall. | meg lago