My husband was going for a workshop to London during my son’s summer holidays. I thought this was a great opportunity for my son and me to go along with him and have a vacation.
We planned that we would go together, my husband would leave us at his uncle’s place some 3 hours away from the city while he attended his workshop then he would join us when he would finish. We would then stay in London for a week before going home together. It was a great plan for a nice vacation and I was really excited about it.
We applied for the visa and it was processed in a week’s time. We were all set to go.
Then things started going wrong. My husband’s uncle had a medical problem which needed an operation and he was given an appointment in the days when we were supposed to be visiting.
No matter. We would skip the stay at the said uncle’s place and I would travel with my son after my husband finished his workshop. We would stay in London for a week and have a nice time.
A week later another bombshell, this time my husband telling us that he couldn’t get any leave and would have to come back straight after the workshop. It was no use us accompanying him while he was there as he was in a hotel near the airport and there was nothing to do there. It was meant to be a family vacation so what was the point in touring without him.
So our great trip to London was cancelled and my husband went and attended his workshop and came back. To make up for this, later when he had some days off around Eid he took us to Oman and we had a lovely time at a beach resort. So at least we got to go somewhere in the summer holidays if not to London.
- Stillness Speaks | Vintage Photography
- A stroll through London Bridge | AS I PLEASE
- Zeke Found His Style (short fiction) | The Jittery Goat
- Close | Momma Said There’d Be Days Like This
- But No Cigar | Geek Ergo Sum
- Daily Prompt: But No Cigar | Under the Monkey Tree
- DP Daily Prompt: But No Cigar | Sabethville
- Interrupted | La Gatita Oscura
- Sayang* | aportraitingrayscale
- A Close Call on the Way to Yellowstone | Exploratorius | Photo Hack & Curious Wanderer
- Daily Prompt: But No Cigar | Awl and Scribe
- Sometimes A Loss is a Win | THE OVERCOMING
- Daily Promt: Things happen for a reason. The Duchess of Malfi was worth the change. | Susan Jane Bradfield
- ‘Heneghan’ hope… | alienorajt
- Cannibal | Shadows Of The Divine
- But No Cigar | The Nameless One
- The Close | L5GN
- Close Protection at La Bonne Mère | Travel with Intent
- Daily Prompt: But No Cigar | Thoughts of an INFP
- The Journey 1 Seahenge | andyarticles
- How To Fold A Tote Bag (Project)
- But No Cigar |
- Why did nobody take up the Mantle? | A Teacher’s Blog
- On the lighter side of close | Unlocking The Inner Creative
- Close, But No Cigar | aMUSEing THINGS
- Daily Prompt: But No Cigar | Basically Beyond Basic
- No Banana! | Saying Everything
- Daily Prompt: But No Cigar | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- The Best Laid Plans and All That Rot | My Author-itis
- Just a Man and his Cigar | field of thorns
- Daily Prompt: But No Cigar | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- We’re Just A Chapter. | Chasing The Bubble
- A House for Me | Flowers and Breezes
- Positive Energy | Broken Light: A Photography Collective
- “Quiniela” | Life is great
- Sometimes a Cigar is just a Cigar | I really just pretend to know stuff
- Give my heart a break! | Le Journal D’Une Cheval Noire
- Photo Editing Challenge: Week 11- Trees and/or Tree Trunks | Hope* the happy hugger
- Processing the life
- No Cigar or Applause | Lisa’s Kansa Muse
- No Rose Garden/Daily Prompt “No Cigar” | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am