I was on a work related trip and staying in a hotel in Giza, Egypt. I had some free time in the evenings and thought I could do with some sightseeing. I went to the reception desk to find out what they had to offer. One of the staff told me about the packages they had and I thanked him and was leaving when he came up behind me.
“Excuse me miss!” I noticed he was wearing the traditional clothing including a Fez cap. He was a small man with a pleasant face. He looked even smaller in his long robe.
“I can take you up to see the Pyramids at no cost.” “What is this about?” I thought to myself.
“At no cost? How is that?”
“I’m studying to be a tour guide and I have a car” he said giving me a Cheshire cat grin.
It took me a few seconds to absorb this bit of information.
“Does the front desk know you offer tours on the side?”
He took off his cap and scratched his head. Was that supposed to be charming?
“No, no I was just giving you a good offer no need to tell anyone else…”
“You know you could get fired for this?”
“No, no I was just saying I thought you might need some company…”
“What?” So he thinks he’s good company. “I asked for a tour, not an escort.. My husband will be joining me in a few days.” I lied. I could feel myself getting red in the face.
“Ok sorry, sorry” he said and almost ran back to the desk holding his cap.
Now the question was whether I should report him or just let it go. What I had said was true, he could get fired. Maybe I was just overreacting, I’m sure many people would have taken up his offer, otherwise why would he have offered in the first place.
Oh well I’ll just have to pay to see the Pyramids. Serves me right.
I didn’t take up his offer nor did I report him. Got to see the pyramids but got ripped off. I know, serves me right.
- Weekly Writing challenge: The Shining | Just Visiting This Planet
- Weekly Writing Challenge: Three Ways to Go Gonzo | Believe
- Pagans in the Park | Witty or Not, Here I Come
- Mortuaries Insult My Intelligence | Bumblepuppies
- So You Think Your Breaking Up With Me | Pennine Photography
- Three Ways To Go Gonzo | Muggle Magic
- Dear Veronica, Thanks for the coffee | ❤ ART BLOG
- Fearful and Loathsome/Gone Gonzo/Weekly Challenge | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Live In The Moment! Have A Heart! Life In Recovery Does Expire….. | Recovery Ramblings Blog ~ Author Catherine Lyon
- Prior to the Pageant | JGTravels
- A Simple Matter Of Buying Stamps Part 2 | Fish Of Gold
- The Gig. | Babbleogue
- Gonzo Journalism of My Day… With an Imaginative Tangent | The Interworkings of the Mind of Victoria
- Warrington, Casey
- The Eunuch – DP Writing Challenge | Becca Joyce
- Daydreams and prostitutes… Me, Gonzo, and Manet! | Abstractions of Life
- What Time is it? | Mary J Melange
- Just Checking Please… | peacefulblessedstar
- Weekly Writing Challenge: Three Ways to Go Gonzo | MARGARET ROSE STRINGER
- Heated Argument | themagzee
- Starstruck | The Pen Speaks Better
- Gonna do it… | Love.Books.Coffee.
- Breaking Up Is Hard To Do | Perceptive Pot Clueless Kettle