Tell us about the time when you performed a secret random act of kindness — where the recipient of your kindness never found out about your good deed. How did the deed go down?
A random act is something lacking regularity and kindness should be done often, not rarely.
My husband and I both have made lifelong pledges that we would donate 1/10th of everything we earn to a charity fund. Through this fund schools and hospitals are built, widows and orphans are given shelter and aid is provided to victims of natural disasters. We made this pledge more than 10 years ago (in my husband’s case more than 13 years ago) and continue to live up to it.
Of course those that benefit from it do not know that we contribute to the fund. Acts of kindness made in secret are better than those done openly but there is no harm in telling others about it should they be inspired to follow suit.
I often pray that when my son grows up he helps those in need and less fortunate than him. I would feel I succeeded as a mother if he becomes that person.
- daily prompt: random act of kindness | aimans…..
- Daily Prompt: Secrets | The Daily Post | L5GN
- Random Act of Kindness | Melissa Holden
- Am I Kind? | The Number FiftyTwo
- Daily Prompt: Random Act of Kindness | Under the Monkey Tree
- Drive Thru Difference | Journey to Wholeness
- Why It’s Good To Give In Secret | The Jittery Goat
- Secretly paying it forward. | Tales of a slightly stressed Mother!
- Daily Prompt: Random Act of Kindness | Nicole Sloan’s Books
- A secret kindness | Sue’s Trifles
- Trying to be God | crookedeyebrows
- I’m so nice | not4faintheartsblog
- Shine | Hope* the happy hugger
- Daily Prompt: Random Act of Kindness « cognitive reflection
- Daily Prompt: Random Act of Kindness « Mama Bear Musings
- Secret Santa | charlottesville winter
- Daily Prompt: Random Act of Kindness | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- A little mind-twister on random kindnesses | Rob’s Surf Report
- Random Acts of Kindness | News by Carolyn Perez
- Random Acts of Kindness: The Travel Edition | Travel. Garden. Eat.
- Kindness Is Not Always Random
- The Lurker’s List | Secret Kindness
- Anger Thermometer | Emotional Fitness
- I Have No Secrets: Daily Prompt | Just Visiting This Planet
- A hug | Life is great