Tell us about a conversation you couldn’t help but overhear.
I phoned my sister’s house and my 10 year old nephew Mustafa picked it up. I told him that I wanted to speak to his younger brother Hamza who was turning 6 later that week and ask him what he wanted for his birthday. Mustafa was talking to his younger brother and not knowing that I could hear what he was saying.
“Hamza, Lala wants to talk to you.” Now apparently Hamza was in no mood to talk to his Lala i.e. me.
“Hamza, come on, she wants to ask you about your birthday gift”. Now Hamza makes a move towards the phone.
“Hamza what would you like for your birthday?” I asked him. At the back I could hear Mustafa prompting him. “Hamza, don’t say anything big.”
Now Hamza getting approval from his elder brother, “Can I ask for a football?”
Mustafa in return getting further approval from his dad, “Wait let me ask Abbu!” Mustafa comes back after a moment and tells Hamza “Abbu is saying you can ask for a football magazine.”
“Lala can I have a football magazine?”
“Yes sure Hamza, is that all?” At the back Mustafa is telling his brother “Hamza, don’t ask for anything else.”
“Yes Lala, thank you.”
I have to say I have the cutest nephews in the world!
- Little dragon silhouette | Photos to inspire you
- Secret | The Magic Black Book
- Daily Prompt: Hear No Evil | Under the Monkey Tree
- What has been heard cannot be unheard… | Angel Frouk
- Hear no evil | Geek Ergo Sum
- Lust overheard | alienorajt
- Secrets | Momma Said There’d Be Days Like This
- Moonlight Eyes (short fiction) | The Jittery Goat
- Lock your ear | મન ની વાત
- Keeping schtum. It’s so much easier. | thoughtsofrkh
- Overheard conversations | Kate Murray
- Platonic | Scattered Thoughts
- bukan gambar atau kata-kata | The Frozen Tears
- The One Who Wasn’t There | An Upturned Soul
- She Carries Her Secrets | Prayers and Promises
- Overheard Conspiracy (or Invasion of the Sock Gnomes) | Finale to an Entrance
- The call | Spunky Wayfarer
- DAILY PROMPT: HEAR NO EVIL NOR EVEN GOOD | SERENDIPITY
- The Secret | The Silver Leaf Journal
- Daily Prompt: Hear No Evil | Awl and Scribe
- Shhhh… there’s something going on between me and… | Words ‘n Pics
- Daily Prompt: Hear no Evil | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Hear No Evil | Jarime’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Hear No Evil | Basically Beyond Basic
- In the net fo listening | crookedeyebrows
- IS THIS MODIGLIANI GUY DEAD OR ALIVE? | Standing Ovation, Seated
- Daily Prompt: Say What Now? | One Starving Activist
- Daily Prompt – A Poem: Hear No Evil | I Hope You’re Taking Notes
- Hear No Evil | I Write Therefore I Am
- “Hear No Evil” | Relax
- Never Again | Flowers and Breezes
- Ménage à trois | vic briggs
- The Back Hallway | Going New Places!
- Overheard At Work: “Tone Down the Gay”
- The Lurker’s List | 10 Life Lessons From A Nomad Working Abroad
- Secretive baking and Tea cake | A Crazy Chef