Am I good at what I do? At the end of the day I always think I could have done something better. This drives me to be even better the next time.
Yesterday some ladies and I had a Meena Bazar for charity. I was in charge of the stall for handicrafts where several ladies had put in a lot of hard work to display for sale beautifully hand crafted items. I had also prepared different things like cross stitched wall hanging, painted shirts for children, hand crafted hair accessories, decorative boxes etc.
The lady in charge of the whole proceedings was very kind to tell me that she had noticed that I put in a lot of effort in what I do. I agree with her. When I accept an assignment I put in every effort to do it to the best of my ability.
And that is the reason why 4 years ago, I quit my job. Even though my employers had given me a few months to work from home following my maternity leave I found that I couldn’t do justice to my office work nor to my new duty as a mother. So rather than doing something half heartedly I decided to quit my job and concentrate on being a mother.
I soon found out that this new job was to be the toughest assignment I had ever handled!
There are so many factors that come into play when raising a child that it is easy to be overwhelmed.
I started comparing my child with others which put a big dent in my confidence. “That child is only a few months older than my son, why is he so much bigger?” “He ate up all his food and my son just nibbled on some bread, why is he like that?” I wish I would not forget that every child is different and as long as he is meeting his milestones there is nothing to worry.
As a mother what is the criteria for knowing how well I am doing? Is it how healthy my son is? Or how well behaved? Well he is only four so it’s a bit early to judge, but if I am able to give him all the tools he needs to be an effective member of society I think I would have succeeded.
- Confident | Relax
- Daily Prompt: Confident « Vicariously Poetic
- Daily Prompt: I Have Confidence in Me | kimmiecode 🙂
- Momma Said There’d Be Days Like This
- Girl on fire | Braised Pork on Rice
- I have confidence… Daily Prompt | The Rider
- Daily Prompt: I Have Confidence in Me | Under the Monkey Tree
- Daily Prompt: I Have Confidence in Me | Moments Thru Lens
- S. Thomas Summers | A Teacher’s Unusual Duties: Up, Up, and Away
- Daily Prompt : I Have Confident in Me | My Extraordinary Everyday Life
- Daily Prompt: I Have Confidence in Me | Awl and Scribe
- I Have Confidence in Me | Kansa Muse
- Believe in yourself | Kate Murray
- Daily Prompt: I Have Confidence in Me | Everyday Adventures
- At What Should We Be Good? | The Jittery Goat
- Confidence | thinkerscap
- Are We Good At Blogging?
- ermahgerhd | and then i met this man
- Daily Prompt: Have Confidence in Me | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Writing | Life is great
- Sunday Confessions | Cheri Speak
- On My Way, But Not There Yet . . . | meanderedwanderings
- Head Held High | Daily Prompt | Word Disorder
- I Have Confidence in Me | Lead us from the Unreal to the Real
- Daily Prompt; I have confidence in me! | sixty, single and surviving
- I Have Confidence in Me: Neo | Khana’s Web
- Daily Prompt: I Have Confidence in Me | lifebeinggirly
- Daily Prompt: Confidence Game | Morrighan’s Muse
- Inability to be political | Historiefortelling
- PowerPoint: Image Editor! | Nerdy Woman
- Petey’s Adventure Continues… | Haiku By Ku