My mentor is my older sister. She is a doctor and has seen life and death from up close. I know I can trust her to always give me an honest opinion and good advice.
When I wrote my first (and only) children’s book I first sent it to her to read. I couldn’t send it out for publishing until it had her approval. She thought it was good and really liked the illustrations. It was only after this that I went ahead with the process of publishing. She is a good writer herself and writes from the heart. Most of her writing is motivated by her experiences as a doctor and several of her stories have been published in newspapers.
When I was choosing my subjects for college she advised me not to take Pre-Medical as would have been the temptation considering that both my older siblings were in that field. I think she saw very wisely that I did not have the aptitude for it. And so I took Maths instead and went on to do my Masters in Electronics and work in a telecom multinational for 10 years. I really owe it to my sister for giving me correct advice at the right time.
My sister has two healthy intelligent and thoughtful boys and she is doing a wonderful job at raising them. So it’s no wonder that I often ask her for her opinion when I am facing a problem with my son. I am usually very worried because of him being such a picky eater but my sister keeps telling me not to worry too much as it’s usually just a phase with children.
I’m really blessed that when I moved to Dubai my sister moved here as well with her family. Now we live less than 15 minutes away and I get to talk to her and see her frequently. Life would have been difficult without her.
- The Last Leaf | Bright Moments Catcher
- Magic Carpet | Nature Activities
- Support | The Magic Black Book
- The Bed | Rural Tourism in Russia
- Daily Prompt: Cheering Section | Under the Monkey Tree
- A fisherman’s son | Phelio a Random Post a Day
- Living Without the Crack | JC Bride ~
- Support | Kate Murray
- cheering section | yi-ching lin photography
- Daily Prompt: Cheering Section | Awl and Scribe
- our mother stored | y
- True the grit | Beth Byrnes
- The Road to Regionals | It’s a wonderful F’N life
- NaNoWriMo! | Haiku By Ku
- My Cheerleader is a Basket Case | mostlytrueramblings
- 213. The Mentor | Barely Right of Center
- My.Vivid.Visions | Daily Prompt: Cheering Section – Vinay Sir
- Daily Prompt: Cheering Section ~ NaBloPoMo ~ #6 « Mama Bear Musings
- THREE SOLUTIONS | crookedeyebrows
- It’s Never too Late for a Cheering Section … | Eyes to Heart
- André from Holland | Talking with Benjamin Franklin, Theodore Roosevelt and Jesus Christ
- Daily Prompt: Cheering Section | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Let me tell you about Kate | The River Mom
- Battered and Down With Life as a Youth | Kansa Muse
- Mentors? | Fruit Salad
- I miss him | Life is great
- GREAT ARTIST = BAD MENTOR? | Standing Ovation, Seated
- Daily Prompt: Cheering Section | Basically Beyond Basic
- Cheering Section | The Nameless One
- This Way | Mara Eastern’s Personal Blog
- Daily Prompt: Cheering Section | lifebeinggirly
- Pursuing My Dreams | amanda hardt
- That Time I Met That Chef | Running Into 30Running Into 30