There was a time when there was a decision to be made regarding my marriage and I was leaning one way and my elder brother and sister the other way. Every day there would be arguments and crying. Normally it would have been my father who would have taken the decision and everyone would have been OK with it, but he wasn’t around. We were on our own. My mother just wanted the best for me, but she was a bit helpless without my father. It was a terrible time for me.
When you are not sure about some decisions which will affect the rest of your life it’s better to rely on God. So that’s what I did. I prayed a lot. I prayed that whatever is good for me, please make it easy for me and whatever is bad for me, please make it difficult to happen and remove it from my path and then make me at ease with whatever happens. It’s a very powerful prayer.
I dreamed of an earthquake. That there was an earthquake and I’m standing outside but there’s a covering on me and I’m protected. From this dream I assumed that like an earthquake which is unavoidable I would have to go through something but I would escape unhurt.
And so that is what happened. Somehow it was made obvious to everyone that what my brother and sister had been saying all along was correct and that wrong decision that I was about to make was removed from my path altogether.
In other words I didn’t marry the xxxhole.
- Rob’s Surf Report
- Conflicted | Kate Murray
- Girding our … | Beth Byrnes
- Inner Conflict | The Magic Black Book
- Daily Prompt: Conflicted | Awl and Scribe
- Torn apart by conflict | alienorajt
- Conflict | Mara Eastern’s Personal Blog
- S. Thomas Summers | National Novel Writing Month – Day II: Some Good Progress
- Wisdom From Above (short fiction) | The Jittery Goat
- Vote For Me! | It’s My Box
- The Wisdom of Solomon | JC Bride ~
- “Conflicted” | Relax
- Daily Prompt: Conflicted | From Slacker To Scribe
- Daily Prompt: Conflict | Eyes to Heart
- Daily Prompt: Conflicted | Processing the life
- Daily Prompt: Conflicted | Under the Monkey Tree
- The Argument | Wise Counsel
- Teamwork And Conflict Resolution In The Workplace | Wise Counsel
- Daily Prompt: Not Conflicted In The Least | My Atheist Blog
- Conflicted | Flowers and Breezes
- Black or White? | Journey to the Centre of My Heart
- Daily Prompt: Conflicted | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Duncan the Sushi Roll #21 | Neva Samaki
- Conflict | Kansa Muse
- Wait It Out – Daily Prompt: Conflicted | smoke&mirrors
- Peace Pup… | Haiku By Ku
- Daily Prompt: Conflicted | Thoughts & Things
- Daily Prompt: Conflicted « life n me!
- Conflicted | Rebecca Barray
- Daily Prompt: Conflict | Chronicles of a Public Transit User
- CONFLICT AND CONCLUSION – THE BATTLE AT WHITINS POND | SERENDIPITY
- Resolving Arguments | Stuff
- Resolving Arguments | Fruit Salad
- Daily Prompt: Conflicted – the second… | IESKRIEN
- Daily Prompt: Conflicted « Mama Bear Musings
- Conflicted | Muddy River Muse
- The Fight Club In My Head | momasteblog