My husband thinks I’m a big miser, but he should be happy right? I don’t go about splashing his hard earned money. I try to buy at sales and look for good deals. Maybe it’s because I used to have a job and I know what it’s like to work hard to earn something. Nah, that’s not it, I’m just a big miser.
So the problem that arises is that if I ever do indulge myself, and buy something expensive I become the biggest pain in the neck. I go through these three stages.
Stage 1: Doubt. Did I really need to buy it? Should I have bought another style, another color?
Stage 2: Guilt. Why did I spend so much money on it when it doesn’t even look that good?
Stage 3: Self Assurance. Maybe it is pretty nice and really worth it.
Stage 1 and Stage 2 involves bothering my husband with questions, trying on the new merchandise and asking him hundred times how it looks. Of course when he answers without looking I have to ask him again.. and again till he says in exasperation “It looks fine!”
“Fine is not good enough for what I’ve spent on it” I answer.
“It looks good, OK?”
“You said fine to start with”.
So what I really need to do is break this habit of mine, skip Stage 1 and Stage 2 and land directly at Stage 3. I should learn to enjoy an expensive pair of shoes or a new piece of jewelry without feeling guilty. After all every woman deserves it once in a while doesn’t she? And I guess after having made that purchase, my husband just wants to be left alone.
- Broken – I doubt before I believe | Now Have At It!
- The Needle Meeting | The Magic Black Book
- On Waiting…Again… | soletusknow
- Abusive relationships | alienorajt
- Pumpkins Gone Bad | It’s a wonderful F’N life
- Breaking The Daily Prompt Habit | The Jittery Goat
- S. Thomas Summers | Daily Prompt: Breakdown (Things I’ve Failed to Notice #1)
- Daily Prompt Challenge ~ “Broken” | soletusknow
- Chatter – The story of two sides | Neva Samaki
- Breakdown | Life Confusions
- Daily post: Habits? What habits? | helen meikle’s scribblefest
- Waiting to break | crookedeyebrows
- Daily Prompt: Breakdown | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- That Breakdown | The Magic Black Book
- Beautifully Broken and all the things in between… | Passionate Dreaming
- Daily Prompt: Breakdown | Awl and Scribe
- Not Enough Sleep | Flowers and Breezes
- Favorite Habit | Lost in Adeline’s
- Breakdown- More Pop Culture References | Blue Loft
- Bad habits? Got em. Do they matter? Not so sure. | RPMAS
- Daily Prompt: Breakdown | Crow Arrow, Inc.
- Raccoons! | Haiku By Ku
- Daily Prompt: Hard Habit to Break | My Atheist Blog
- Rushing | maunderingsofaninja
- Broken | Better Than Reality
- Why fix what ain’t broke? | Liquorstore Bear
- Daily Prompt: Breakdown – BROKEN | Ord i Bild
- Daily Prompt: Breakdown | Thirty, Start, Go!
- #firstworldproblems: Crappy Shows and Inner Conflict | The Otter in my Jotter
- Daily Prompt: Break The Bad Habits | DeafGuy Blog
- Daily Prompt: OLD, BROKEN BUT NOT FORGOT | SERENDIPITY
- Breaking the Habit(s) | The life of T
- Funny you should ask. « Welcome to Forgotonia
- My Need For Clean Denied | momasteblog
- Breaking The Habit | The Nameless One
- Broken | nanopod: hybrid studio
- For the “broken” « Subh Dasgupta’s Blog