How important are clothes to you? Describe your style, if you have one, and tell us how appearance impacts how you feel about yourself.
When I was little, my elder sister used to dress me up like a bride and I was very happy to go along with it. I used to pose and have my pictures taken.
I’m like a chameleon as far as clothing is concerned. I adapt to my environment.
When I’m with my husband and this is only on the weekends as he works during the week in another country, I make an effort to dress up a bit wearing a nice top and trousers/jeans. When I’m on my own and shopping for groceries I’ll be covered up with a coat and a head scarf.
On occasions where I get together with other families from my home country I usually wear the traditional kameez (long shirt) and chooridar (tights) or whatever is in fashion as long as it’s comfortable. If I’m with others I’ll just be wearing a longish top and jeans.
If I’m travelling abroad I’d be wearing a comfortable top and jeans, but if I go to my home country I’d be wearing the shalwar kameez with a covering on my head.
I like wearing bright and colorful clothes and accessories. I don’t wear much make-up and I don’t like to either. On grocery runs or school pick/drops I won’t even be wearing any lipstick.
When I’m dressed up I feel more confident of myself. I like it when someone notices that I’ve made an effort. Usually that’s my little son telling me that “Mama looks pretty!” (My husband should learn lessons from him!)
However I don’t believe in spending too much on clothes. Living in Dubai where all the designer labels are available the sky is the limit as far as cost goes. And one can easily get carried away, but I think it’s really not worth it. You can look equally good as long as what you’re wearing flatters you and you are comfortable in it.
- Steve Hanuman | Village & Countryside Tourism
- Louis Viviers | Village & Countryside Tourism
- Rural Tourism in Russia: Man and Horse | Village & Countryside Tourism
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | Awl and Scribe
- Man maketh the clothes. « RPMAS
- Daily Prompt: It’s About Clothes and Not About Russia | Under the Monkey Tree
- The Clothes (May) Make the Man | geekergosum
- Never Stationary
- Suit Up! | Crossroads
- Zero, Budget Version. | thoughtsofrkh
- Too Sexy For My Clothes [Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man] | unknowinglee
- Canada Goose (Style) | photo potpourri
- Daily Prompt: Clothes: I Blame Stacy & Clinton | Kim, Who Lives at Home
- The Clothes (May) make the Woman (Writer) | Kate Murray
- Way down inside | The verbal hedge
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man « Mama Bear Musings
- I Feel For My Mother – Daily Prompt Repost | The Mercenary Researcher
- they’re just clothes | wannabepoet
- My Old Green Sweater | The Jittery Goat
- Polo Shirt And Chinos | Tony’s Texts
- Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man — Purple Sweaters, Orange Dresses | SERENDIPITY
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | littlegirlstory
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | Vagabond
- Dress for Sucess | Kansa Muse on Micro Farming and More
- Second Class Style | An Upturned Soul
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | Life as a country bumpkin…not a city girl
- A shameful confession. | Tales of a slightly stressed Mother!
- Naked People don’t influence society | crookedeyebrows
- Shift in styles | The life of T
- Calmness | Broken Light: A Photography Collective
- What the hell is she wearing? | Girlie Groove
- The Clothes that Make the Woman | The River Mom
- House of Revolving Style | wordsandotherthings
- On Clothes and Androgyny | the wannabe artist
- Princesses and Docs | Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | Ireland, Multiple Sclerosis and Me
- Silver, With A Golden Heart | ~xoxo, msL
- Clothing and Confidence | A Sign Of Life
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes Make the Man | My Atheist Blog
- Why do I look so good? | Rob’s Surf Report
- Fur Coat… | Haiku By Ku
- Why do I love black? Let me count the ways. | walkin’ on sunshine
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Well I’m not naked… | Day of the Week Fat Pants
- I’d Rather Be Naked… | Take your Chances; Make it Happen
- Unclothed | alienorajt
- I really don’t care | Life is great
- Jeans | East Meets Breast
- It tickles my senses | Hope* the happy hugger
- Hats n’ Scarves…(wp daily prompt) | Daily Observations
- Fashion centsibility | Beth Byrnes
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes That Make | cagedbutterfly1
- Bring on the Karken…but do it with style. | Vampire Maman
- Unclothed | vicbriggs’s Blog
- The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | To Write With a Broken Pencil is Pointless
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make Make the (Wo)man | lifebeinggirly
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (may) Make the (Wo)Man | Understated Classics
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes Make The Man | Steve Says….
- Jeans +Shirt +Sneakers=Done! | Not a Punk Rocker
- I’m a T-shirt and jeans kind of girl. Always will be. | Reinvention of Mama
- Car Wars:This Is How I Roll | Just Visiting This Planet
- I don’t always make bold fashion statements…… | djgarcia94