If you could pause real life and spend some time living with a family anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I haven’t seen my only brother for nearly 3 years now. When we left Pakistan his daughters were only 4 and 6 years old. They are big girls now and I miss them so much. I used to live nearby to them and see them every few days. I loved playing with them. Now I haven’t seen them in 3 years and they are too shy to even be seen on Skype. I never went back and they never came to visit us in Dubai.
My brother is a doctor and he says he is too busy to take time off for a holiday. His wife and kids have only seen their home country.
If I could I would take them around the world with me to all the countries I have seen. First we’d go to the Far East soaking in the beauty of the islands of Langkawi in Malaysia and Phi Phi in Thailand not forgetting to take a jungle safari on elephant back in Thailand. Then we’d fly over the Pacific Ocean to Los Angeles. We’d spend the whole day in Universal Studios then to New York for a few days. We’d visit the Empire State building and the United Nations and spend our afternoons in Central Park.
Then we’d spend a few days in London to visit Buckingham Palace and London Zoo. Next destination: Paris. We would go up the Eiffel tower during the day and dine by a nearby restaurant at night. From Paris we would take a train to Lucerne in Switzerland stopping to visit Jungfraujoch. Then onward by train to Rome to visit the Vatican, the Colosseum and other sights.
From Europe the next stop would be Egypt. We would get a panoramic view of the Pyramids of Giza on camel back during the day then dine on a boat on the Nile. From Cairo we would move on to Istanbul, Turkey, spending a few days there to have enough time to see the main sights.
Then in the end we’d spend about a month recuperating in Dubai after all our travels. The girls would love Kidzania and Ski Dubai and the Dubai Fountains.
- Black and White | Warm memories from the heart of Mother Russia
- Berries | Inside My Glitching Mind
- A wandering emerald | MC’s Whispers
- Phoneography Weekly: Moments in the Airport | We Live In A Flat
- On the Road « Geek Ergo Sum
- Living in a Teletubby house in Spain… | The Rider
- Back to the womb | alienorajt
- Daily Prompt: On the Road | Under the Monkey Tree
- Daily Prompt: On the Road « Mama Bear Musings
- My own moon viewing platform. | The Ambitious Drifter
- Daily Prompt: On the Road | Life as a country bumpkin…not a city girl
- Ships | Hope* the happy hugger
- Daily Prompt: On the Road #photography | ThisCornerOfTheWoods
- A Family | Barefoot on Rainy Days
- Daily Prompt: On the Road | Charles Ray’s Ramblings
- Island Chick [Daily Prompt: On the Road] | unknowinglee
- Monarch Butterfly (Travels) | photo potpourri
- If Interviewed By Barbara Walters | The Jittery Goat
- Welcome to Hobbiton | A Short A Day
- Daily Prompt: On the road | My Endless Rants & Ramblings
- Daily Prompt: On The Road | Eikons
- “On the Road” | Relax
- Daily Prompt – Travels | paisleypedlar
- Cancel the Babysitter | Honey Did you See that?
- 187. Getting Away From It All | Barely Right of Center
- Daily Prompt: Travels | Chronicles of a Public Transit User
- Daily Prompt: On the Road | lifebeinggirly
- Immersed In A Culture | Tony’s Texts
- Daily Prompt: On the Road | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- A Side of France Beyond Paris | peonies and pistachios
- Beginning of Civilization | crookedeyebrows
- Visiting offspring | Sue’s Trifles
- Travels | Rebecca Barray
- Where in the world is Rob’s Surf Report? | Rob’s Surf Report
- Midnight Train: Daily Prompt | Finicky Philly
- My Kinda Stupid: Travelling The Hard Way | Just Visiting This Planet
- Blossoming in Korea | Broken Light: A Photography Collective
- Travellers lost | Random Encounters of an Inquisitive Mind
- Don’t Let it Slip | Journey to the Centre of My Heart
- Off To The Burrow! | amateurxpress
- Eye on the Road with the Heart at Home | In Scarlet Ink
- Daily Prompt: On the Road | My Atheist Blog
- The Holy Land | Life is great
- The Summer “Challenge” | It’s a wonderful F’N life
- One Starving Activist
- Daily Prompt: On the Road – Adopt me please! | SERENDIPITY
- Lesson learnt | The Otter in my Jotter
- Daily Prompt: On the Road | The Land Slide Photography
- Halo Veronica! | Compass & Quill
- DailyPrompt: Australia | viver para contar
- On the Road: Venice, a Nonet | Danny James
- The Travels I Have Been | Flowers and Breezes
- Somewhere Peaceful | Lost in Adeline’s
- Daily Prompt: On the Road | cagedbutterfly1
- On the Road | The Nameless One
- pause to live | sarahscapes
- Imagination; Always a Destination…(WP daily prompt) | Daily Observations
- Off to join the circus… | notsinglebutnothappy
- Up and Above vs. On The Road / Daily Prompt | Communication For Development
- UAE; my Disneyland, frankly. | Perhaps yes, perhaps no. Exactly? I don’t know.