Is there “junk” in your life? What kind? How do you get rid of it?
When I was growing up we used to live in a rented accommodation and moved from house to house every few years. This was a very good way of getting rid of any junk collected over the years. As rents became higher our subsequent homes became smaller which meant that more things to get rid of.
We used to sell off our old furniture at second hand shops. Clothes, shoes and toys that had been outgrown were given to someone less fortunate than us. Some things were just packed and stored. I remember we always looked for a house with a store.
When my father passed away there was a whole office with cabinets that no one had any use for. There were electronics components and instruments that only he used. I took some of his measuring instruments as I used to borrow them many times from him and I just couldn’t give them away. Even though there were many things that we had no use for it was difficult to get rid of them. My elder brother dealt with this hard task.
I moved just a sector away in the same city when I got married. I simply left the things I didn’t want to take with me at my mother’s house!
My husband and I moved to our own house a few years later and since we didn’t have much storage space I couldn’t afford to collect any junk over the years. I did have a lot of clothes from my wedding which were still relatively brand new. I gave these away to some people we knew that were less fortunate than us and who had daughters of marriageable age.
Over the last few years spent in Dubai in a big house I have managed to collect a lot of stuff (furniture mostly) that I’m sure we will have to sell when we move again. Besides that there are some things that we brought with us that will definitely have to be thrown. I think the only way to sell off second hand furniture here is to advertise on Dubizzle. That’s going to be a whole new project.
- Walk more! | Inside My Glitching Mind
- Zenit-8 camera | Inside My Glitching Mind
- Never accidentally marry a gay man – Part 5: The Serious One | How to be good at everything
- Watching a Robot Confess | Daily Prompt: Clean House | likereadingontrains
- Make your lady happy | Agrifun.com
- Party Time! | Agrifun.com
- Why Do We Keep Stuff? | Spirit Lights The Way
- The Junk Drawer | retiredruth – Life in the 50’s and beyond
- ••Coddled by Thee•• | mët•aRVhëë•n✪ia
- Daily Prompt: Clean House « Mama Bear Musings
- Growth Factor | Getting Rid of Junk
- “Clutter” Daily Prompt | Finicky Philly
- Clean the junk out of your life | Interviews That Matter
- All That Junk | Sam’s Online Journal
- Daily Prompt: Clean House | Life as a country bumpkin…not a city girl
- Daily Prompt: Clean House or Cluttered House ? | littlegirlstory
- How To Get Rid Of Junk | The Jittery Goat
- The Conundrum | Where’s Your Moral Sieve?
- Look what I found hiding in the study! | We Live In A Flat
- Daily Prompt: Clean House 29|9 | Family, Photos, Food & Craft
- Daily Prompt: Clean House « Vicariously Poetic
- Clutter, Junk & Treasures | Tony’s Texts
- Getting Rid of Masher | scribbleglitch
- S. Thomas Summers | Daily Prompt: Clean House (Autumn Arrives)
- Duncan the Sushi Roll #15 | Neva Samaki
- Daily Prompt: Junk | Chronicles of a Public Transit User
- Not a true story. | JC Bride ~
- Daily Prompt – Clean House | Purplesus’ Blog
- Daily Prompt: Clean House | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Prompt: Clean House | reyoflight
- Accumulating Junk | Flowers and Breezes
- Resolving Junk | Sogna Grandezza
- Space Junk | Just Visiting This Planet
- “Clean House” | Relax
- Daily Prompt: Clean House | bloobloons
- A junkie’s mind. | Crossroads
- Desk Jockey junk… | notsinglebutnothappy
- Life moves on | crookedeyebrows
- Daily Prompt: Clean House | BulgingButtons
- Put on hold. | Hunted2Hunter
- DAILY PROMPT: CLEAN HOUSE? I TRIED. I FAILED. | SERENDIPITY
- Out of sight, out of mind | Grandma Drives Me Crazy
- Junk | On the Trail of a Gypsy
- The Secret Room | Barefoot on Rainy Days
- Cleaning up the “Junk”…..or atleast trying! | Life Confusions
- Intangible pieces of junk | Madhura’s Musings
- DP: Junk | As I See It
- Clean House | The Nameless One
- Downsizing, Simplifying and Letting Go | Cheri Speak
- Daily Prompt: Clean House | Venom’s Blog
- Trash or Treasure? | CurTales
- The Perils of Intensity | BLUE BEAD PUBLICATIONS