The language of the future: what will it be like? Write an experimental post using some imagined vocabulary — abbreviations, slang, new terms.
Conversation between husband and wife over lunch at a restaurant. No words are spoken instead both are furiously tapping away on their “communicators”, their faces expressionless.
He: Wake me at 630 tom. Have early meeting.
She: Sorry my alarm rings at 7. DIY (Do it Yourself)
He: Pls its IAH (important as hell)
She: Baby Z keeps waking me up. Need sleep. DIY
He: (Devil emoticon)
She: DC (Don’t care). BTW NTG (need to get) N a communicator
He: (Fed up emoticon) Hes 4 Why does he need it
She: How else should I talk to him. All the other kids have it.
He: (Fed up as hell emoticon)
She: DC. When will food come. Hungry as hell.
Just then the food arrives. Now both husband and wife use one hand to eat and the other is still tapping on the communicator.
She: Dishes (Delicious)
He: Mines ordy (ordinary)
There is a lull in the conversation as they both respond to other video messages and mails. They are still not talking, instead the words they are typing are being converted to video.
They finish their meal and go their separate ways.
She: K (That was a nice meal thanks)
He: K (See you later, bye)
- Time and place for meditation | Inside My Glitching Mind
- I am my mother’s wild future | shame
- 2100 | Geek Ergo Sum
- Thoughts on Blogging | We Live In A Flat
- Slang? No, Thank you! | Life Confusions
- Daily Prompt: 2100 « Mama Bear Musings
- Werd… [Daily Prompt: 2100] | unknowinglee
- •• SDMO: Art House •• | mët•aRVhëë•n✪ia
- An Interview With William Shakespeare | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: 2100 The language of the future | littlegirlstory
- Daily Prompt: 2100 | Life as a country bumpkin…not a city girl
- Fandipdopdabulous! | Random Encounters of an Inquisitive Mind
- Allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you. Lol. Jk. | sayanything
- Daily Prompt: 2100 Language of the Future | Photos and writings
- Bacon Nation | My OCD Diaries
- Enter, Eccentrica Gallumbits… | alienorajt
- I Have Seen The Future | Just Visiting This Planet
- K. Ttyl. | Crossroads
- Daily Prompt: 2100 | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Prompt: 2100 is a # away | Pooja calling
- The Life of i | JC Bride ~
- Not down with slang | Motherhood and Beyond
- S. Thomas Summers | Daily Prompt: Future
- Daily Prompt: 2100 | Future Verse | mattsden101
- Can I really imagine the language of the future? | Rob’s Surf Report
- A future of hairballs | Purple Rosemary
- Daily Prompt: 2100 Globish | gabrielleablackwell
- Daily Prompt: 2100 | Steve Says….
- Daily Prompt : 2100 | Travelandfoodworldwide
- “Future” | Relax
- Let’s talk, no matter how | Life is great
- Hold onto your hats kids, it’s gonna be a bumpy ride! | Girlie Groove
- …and new forms conquered the old, Joshua Tree | The RunningFather Blog
- The Future Beyond 2100…(wp daily prompt) | Daily Observations
- Instantané : Future | Icezine
- One Starving Activist
- Daily Prompt: Twenny Wun Hunnid | My Atheist Blog
- 2100 | The Nameless One
- Daily Prompt: 2100 | Jasper Smits
- ie iou ooa (Life without consonants) | The Otter in my Jotter
- Who are you? I’m 143392|||||/\_|||||#6672, of course. | thoughtsofrkh
- Uphirst this Pollocks! | Standing Ovation, Seated
- Daily Prompt: 2100 | To Breathe is to Write
- Y u wanna kno dis | crookedeyebrows
- Daily Prompt 2100: Running to the future | The Land Slide Photography
- This is SO cool! | Things That Never Made It Into Print…
- What do prithee and probably have in common? | I Didn’t Just Wake Up This Morning with a Craving
- What if the language of the future is unspoken? | Okay, what if ?
- Future Glory |
- No Change In 2100 | Flowers and Breezes
- Daily Prompt: 2100 | Chicomallorca’s Blog
- The Future of Arguing with Henry Longfellow, Brought to You by Star Trek | The Arkside of Thought
- Daily Prompt: 2100 | The Daily Post « The Blogging Path
- If I Live To Be 111 | Along Life’s Road
- Nah, Me Speeka Da Engrish… | Mrs. All Screwed Up
- Daily post: Language 2100? Don’t want to know | helen meikle’s scribblefest
- Puffknuckle | Godrick Gnomish
- 2010 Peer to Peer Communication | Kansa Muse on Micro Farming and More