If you were forced to give up one sense, but gain super-sensitivity in another, which senses would you choose?
Last year my son was studying about the five senses. “The eyes are for seeing, the hands are for touching, the nose is for smelling, the ears are for hearing..”
“And what is the tongue for?” I asked. “For sticking out!” is the cheeky reply I got.
He doesn’t know yet what a blessing the five senses are even though every minute he is using them all to soak in his atmosphere.
Without my eyes I would not have seen the beautiful sights around the world from the Eiffel tower swathed in a golden light, the architecture of Rome, the blue waters of the Mediterranean, the awe-inspiring Pyramids of Giza to heavenly Switzerland.
Without my hands I would not be able to paint or craft or know the pleasure of creating something with my own hands.
Without my nose, well without my nose I would just look funny wouldn’t I? And not know what flowers smelt like. I wouldn’t even know when to change pampers when my son was little!
Without my tongue I would not know the sweetness of honey, and the sourness of lemons or to differentiate between a hot chapatti and ice cream!
Without my ears I would not have heard the rich laughter of my child, the sweetest sound in the world.
God in his Graciousness gives us these blessings without us asking for them. I could not choose to give up any of them.
This post has been written in response to the Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive
- Leaf on the spider web | Bright Moments Catcher
- Spoiling for a flight | Musings from a practical mystic
- Agritourism in Russia. Volokonovsky District, Belgorod Oblast | Bright Moments Catcher
- Super Sensitive | Geek Ergo Sum
- Moth (Daily Prompt: Sensitive) | photo potpourri
- Losing Colours | The Ambitious Drifter
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive | Under the Monkey Tree
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive | Life as a country bumpkin…not a city girl
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive « Mama Bear Musings
- Tie-dyed with blood and nerves | alienorajt
- Sense and Sensitivity. | Crossroads
- Unstable senses |
- Super Sensitivity | ??Journey or destination??
- Sensitivity | Mareship
- Upon Learning That I Was Draco Malfoy | Conversations
- Tommy’s Deal With The Devil; Kind Of Funny When You Think About It (short fiction) | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive | flow of my soul
- Daily Prompt: Sensitive | Books, Music, Photography & Movies : my best friends
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive | My Atheist Blog
- Five Minus One is Six | In Harmony
- Six of one and half dozen of the other « RPMAS
- If I Should Lose My Senses | ~xoxo, msL
- First | Not Enough Poetry
- Sensitive Me… | The Rider
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive | Notes to Honor Good
- Hearing for Sight | Writing Daily
- Sight Yes, Smell No. Thank You Allergy / Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive | Communication For Development
- S. Thomas Summers | Daily Prompt: Sense the Sensitivity
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive | Photos and writings
- Sensible | Tony’s Texts
- Super Sense | Lori’s Life and Other Stuff
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive — See like a hawk | SERENDIPITY
- Super Senses, Book and Baby Love and Me | Reinvention of Mama
- What’s that Smell? | Pink Bubbly
- A Matter of Taste | An Upturned Soul
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive | Jasper Smits
- Sensitive to Beauty | The Silver Leaf Journal
- The Non and the Common | Eikons
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive | The Story of a Guy
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive | Sense and Sensibility | Incognito
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive | crookedeyebrows
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive | Steve Says….
- Ciao To The Five Senses | Kansa Muse on Micro Farming and More
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive | not the nest
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive | Exploring Utah with MS and Apples
- My Precious Nose | Flowers and Breezes
- Over my dead body | Life is great
- Daily Prompt: Super sensitive : Hands | rosekebab
- Sensitivity; a Super Power…(wp daily prompt) | Daily Observations
- Duncan the Sushi Roll #11 | Neva Samaki
- Daily Prompt Challenge – Sensitive | soletusknow
- Daily Prompt: Sensitive (Flower in the Water: Edit) | Alice’s Adventures in Reality
- Would I really favor an imbalanced sensory array? | Rob’s Surf Report
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive | Edward Cares
- My Dog Senses | Anchors Aweigh