I wanted to have a baby soon after I got married. But I had two miscarriages and the doctors told me I had just been unlucky and there wasn’t much they could do to help me conceive again. Six years after my marriage, without any treatment, I was blessed with a healthy baby boy.
I can’t thank God enough for giving me the joys of motherhood. His first crooked little smile, the first time he called me Mama, his first tooth, his first tottering steps towards me, his first day of Nursery when he didn’t want to come home, his nursery report which included words like extraordinary, his tight hugs and wet kisses.
Of course it’s not all clean sailing; he can be quite a terror tot when he wants to, but in the end when he thanks me for wiping his tears, all is forgiven.
And when I’m scolding him for something he puts his hands on his hips and says “I’m so disappointed AT you”. I try to hold back my laughter and remember why I was scolding him in the first place!
Just recently we were going to the mall and he was unusually quiet in the car. I asked him why and he replied “Stay quiet, otherwise Abbu (Dad) can’t drive!” I don’t know whether he was being funny or considerate but this only lasted about 5 minutes and he was back doing his usual running commentary.
Some time back I was sick and had to be hospitalized for 5 days. I didn’t see him during that time and I don’t think I have ever missed anyone so much. I felt incomplete.
Thank you God for giving me Nadir.
This post has been written in response to the Daily Prompt: Thank You
- Leftover Ramen | Daily Prompt: Thank You | likereadingontrains
- To Jinnah, with respect. | Randomlyabstract’s Blog
- Thanking You | The Magic Black Book
- Thanks For The Flowers | The Ambitious Drifter
- Daily Prompt: Thanks (a 9/11 Tribute to our first responders) | Gotham Chick
- Daily Prompt: Thank You | Under the Monkey Tree
- Thank You, Mom | Sogna Grandezza
- Thank You | Tony’s Texts
- Thank you for the music. | Everyday Adventures
- Many Thanks | Motherhood and Beyond
- Daily Prompt: Thank You | Being a Huntress
- Recovery and Reflections: Relief | mentalrollercoaster
- Daily Prompt: Thank You | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Thank You Dear Chocolate | મન ની વાત
- Open my eyes, Break my Heart, continued | It’s a wonderful F’N life
- An attitude of gratitude. | Hope* the happy hugger
- thankful for me | wannabepoet
- You, thanks! | boo!
- Thank You | Geek Ergo Sum
- Daily Post – Thank You | awritersfountain
- Thank you, Daily Post, for a reminder to be thankful! | Reinvention of Mama
- Daily Prompt: Thank You « Mama Bear Musings
- INTERNET | ayimas
- Walking through my front door | mostlytrueramblings
- I Don’t Wanna… | Lori’s Life and Other Stuff
- September 11, 2013 | joymamalife
- Daily Prompt: Thank You | My Atheist Blog
- A day to give thanks | Life & Times
- Thank’s God for love | Life is great
- I Dropped the Elephant! | Pink Bubbly
- Thank you, neighbors « RPMAS
- Thank you Internet ! | Spunky Wayfarer
- Thank’s God | From Five to Fifty
- Thank You Almighty Allah! | amateurxpress
- Thank you 🙂 | Heartfelt
- Gracias. | Rinse
- I am a Terrible Blogger | Sincerely, Ms. Roberts
- Good Things | The Jittery Goat
- Thank You | The Nameless One
- Thank you God | Flowers and Breezes
- A day wouldn’t be enough – Daily Prompt: Thank you | maddiebells
- About These Ads… They’re Not Mine! | An Upturned Soul
- Thank You: You’re Everything | Extraordinary Living Blogs