Write a six-word story about what you think the future holds for you, and then expand on it in a post.
Where will we be going next?
One year back my husband was offered a position in Saudi Arabia within the same company. He was keen on the position but not on living there. So since then he took the position, but has been commuting from Dubai.
Now by early next year he will be moved to a permanent position. Only thing is we don’t know where. It could be Europe or the Far East. A few weeks ago he came home and told me it could be Turkey. I got all excited and start googling rental prices and schools in Istanbul. The next week he told me that the person who was supposed to move from there was not moving so it won’t be Turkey.
“Then where?” I asked, “That I don’t know” is the reply I got.
“Malaysia would be good. We enjoyed our trip there.”
“Yes but it’s not up to us.”
“What if it’s some country in Europe that we haven’t even heard of?”
“Then it’ll be a good learning experience”.
“What if we go so far away that our family can’t even visit us?”
“We’ll use Skype.”
Yes, we shall see what the future has in store for us.
This post has been written in response to the Daily Prompt: Six of One, Half a Dozen of the Other
- Fried eggs reading USA Today | Bright Moments Catcher
- Six | The Magic Black Book
- Keep calm and carry on – an update on managing thunder phobia | We Live In A Flat
- Creative Slumber (short fiction) | The Jittery Goat
- Six of One, Half a Dozen of the Other | Geek Ergo Sum
- Six Amazing Things Before Breakfast | The Ambitious Drifter
- i would like another baby please | wannabepoet
- The Minute they turned SIX | It’s a wonderful F’N life
- Daily Prompt: Six of One, Half a Dozen of the Other | Imperfectly Perfect
- Daily Prompt: Six of One, Half a Dozen of the Other « Mama Bear Musings
- She Woke Up Happy | Out Of My Head
- Who knows what the future holds? | Okay, what if ?
- Deep Sixed | Just Visiting This Planet
- I never think of FUTURE | મન ની વાત
- Texans Pick 6 | Better Than Reality
- Daily Post – Six Words, One Dream | awritersfountain
- Do you want to believe? | MC’s Whispers
- September Daily Prompt: Multi-Profession Wanna Be | Portofolio Prita
- In Six | The Cheese Whines
- Just six words? | Life & Times
- 171. Six of One… | kevindeisher
- Daily Prompt: My future, my half of SIX | littlegirlstory
- A six word story? « RPMAS
- Count the events | Books, Music, Photography & Movies : my best friends
- Daily Prompt: Six of One, Half a Dozen of the Other | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- the UNCATEGORISED |Daily Prompt: Six of One, Half a Dozen of the Other | the TRASH BASH
- Daily Prompt; Six of One, Half a Dozen of Other | terry1954
- Life Is What You Make It | Flowers and Breezes
- Six of one, half a dozen of the other | Kate Murray
- Daily Prompt: Six of One, Half a Dozen of The Other | Random Thoughts Of A Mad Music Fan
- Live in the moment | Hope* the happy hugger
- Twenty-Six to Sixty-Six in Six Words | Creative Mysteries
- Because she’s mine | From Five to Fifty
- Because she’s mine | Life is great
- The Future Has Already Begun | Virginia Views
- Daily Post: It’s a six word story… | dawnyhosking
- One Heart, One Loss, One Day | Gray Poet
- Beloved Author, 101, Dies in Avalanche | Upstairs Productions
- Grampa Ran Over a Garden Hose | Conversations
- Daily Prompt: Six of One, Half a Dozen of the Other | Under the Monkey Tree
- Knowingly not Knowing | Experiment No. 1
- So many words, so little time | wannabedeenbuddy
- My Future in Six Words….(wp daily prompt) | Daily Observations
- Slippers, Coffee and my First Blog! | Pink Bubbly
- Six Words: I’ll happily just keep on blogging | FUNNY…PECULIAR
- Six of One, Half a Dozen of the Other | The Nameless One